Skip to content
What are examples of ANPA’s initiatives?
- ANPA raised nearly $40,000 and donated nearly $100,000 worth of personal protection equipment to help fight the EVD outbreak
- ANPA has undertaken over 40 medical missions to Nigeria and provided direct clinical care for more than 150,000 Nigerians in almost two decades.
- ANPA members and partners certified 36 Instructors in BLS/ACLS during a 7-day course, a first for our organization. Additionally ANPA instructors trained 125 people at the Ministry of Women’s affairs in Ondo State in Basic Life Support techniques, and went to the University of Ibadan and conducted BLS and ACLS provider courses for 44 faculty members and an ACLS instructor refresher course for 25 previously trained instructors in the institution
- Following the devastating earthquake in Haiti, our organization collected and donated over $36,000 to the people of Haiti through the Project Hope Foundation.
- We have continued to support the ‘Distinguished Nigerian Physicians of Tomorrow, DNPT’, our student-led organization comprised of medical students of Nigerian origin.
- In 2010 we signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the Federal Ministry of Health and the National Primary Healthcare Development Agency, NPHCDA to provide content for training primary health workers in rural communities in Nigeria.
- Partly based on our advocacy, the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria, voted to abolish the policy of back payment for physicians and dentists who reside outside Nigeria.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
Leave A Comment